4.3 134
South Carolina 171403
Year Round/Frequently
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have been staying in this particular campground for many a year. Some of the comments and reviews on this interweb site are just not true to any extent. The campground, indeed, needs some renovations. However, the staff has told me that the government has diverted the previously approved money and allocated it towards the war effort. The place is not AWFUL nor is it unkempt. And it is surely not dangerous towards anybody's health. There are no abandoned trailers and no standing water. The location is perfect for visiting local area attractions and noticeably closer to Charleston's historical district than Foster Creek. I have stayed at Foster Creek and yes, while the facilities are quite a bit nicer, it's also a much much newer campground and significantly more expensive for what you get. Also, the surrounding area around Foster Creek is just awful. Not much to do in that area and follows an inconvinient route off the interstate. The folks at the "Outdoor Recreation Center" are well-aware their campground needs a boost. They always do everything they can to make our stay as nice as possible.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or