4.3 134
South Carolina 171403
July 31 - Aug 13, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We will be packing up tomorrow, then Sunday we leave for our next destination. As I was taking my morning walk, I began to think about what to write in my departing review - nothing came to mind. Just about everything you can think of, helpful information and dirty laundry, has already been posted in other reviews. I can say, that once again, we had a great time at JB Charleston - despite the rain. There have been no physical changes to the park and it remains well-groomed. As I re-entered the park from my walk, I noticed the host going about a host’s duties. I approached the host and asked about something I saw the day before when an active-duty member in uniform was walking around the park depositing little white tapered cylinders in the water puddles. I thought I knew the answer but wanted to make sure – I was right, it was part of a comprehensive mosquito control program on the base. The host shared a lot of interesting information about the mosquito control program. I have never seen anything like that before in my life. This “ole dog” learned a new trick while interacting with “small talk”. I suppose mentioning a problem we had with the electrical pedestal shortly after we unhooked and the offer by the host to help us move to another site could be considered a nice gesture worthy of mention. We really appreciated the offer but declined it. We checked-in at the FamCamp the day-after the special event concert. The FamCamp was empty and closed on the day of the concert. RV’ers slowly trickled in during the following few days. Now, it looks like they’re back to their normal occupancy rate. Gosh, it’s hard to come up with anything else so I’ll just mention a general thing about our other activities. There were two remaining POI’s to visit on our “to do” list, they are going be added to our “next-time to do” list. One of the POI’s that we wanted to visit is the Fireman’s Museum in North Charleston. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 12, 2017
On my shorter walk (mini-Think Tank) I realized that I omitted something very important from my review. In my haste to move-on to doing different things I did not complete the message I wanted to send in regards to my interaction with the host. I apologize and would like to send this belated message to the host: "Thank you for the opportunity".
1 results - showing 1 - 1