South Carolina 96501
25-28 August 2011
(Updated: September 25, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife and I camped here last month. There is what appears to be a closed mobile home park on the streets prior to the campground (GPS wanted to take us down one of these streets but we could see the RV's thus went down one more street which was correct. The managers are located at the Marine Air Station (which is another base) not at Parris Island. Therefore, when you make reservations they will give you a combo to a locker in the restroom/laundry facility. There will be keys to unlock the water faucet and the electrical box in the locker. Other than having a little bit of problem getting the lock unlocked (correct number of turns right, left, etc. Ha!) it was no problem. (My DW showed me how.) The sites are in a straight line and most do not have shade so be sure your awning and AC is working. The electric, water and septic worked just fine. The shower/bath area was clean. There is no cable or Wi-Fi but we rented movies at the exchange Redbox. The managers that visited every day are very, very nice and will go out of their way to help you out if you have problems, issues. The exchange and commissary are close and very nice. We enjoyed riding around and seeing the recruits training. Also, just down the road from the campground you'll come to the water and it's a great place to watch the sunset. We enjoyed touring the town and you definitely need to eat at Gilligan's restaurant which is near town. Some of the best seafood we've had in a long, long time. Also, DW enjoyed the shopping experience in town.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or