South Carolina 96458
Oct 20-25, 2010
(Updated: November 01, 2010)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I agree with the comments as to definite need for on-site host as the office that oversees this is @ Beaufort air station & folks at ITT--who are great by the way--but they simply give you keys / maps / few instructions. For instance while we were there the sewer backed up / overflowed at one of sites & as the occupants were gone for weekend or more (?) no one there to report / fix--altho we & others did report. There is a phone in shower / laundry building that can be used for emergency / area calls & is 'not' a pay phone--no cell service on ATT unless drive to beach area. Finding the dumpster can be challenging--but it's there--honest--across road from lower number sites. RV park is a away from the main area but that is wonderful as far as we were concerned--the sites are huge--all 50 amps & you do NOT sit on top of your neighbor's sewer line--was once an on base trailer park for enlisted. Was great watching those young recruits run by every morning--set your watch at 7:56am!! My husband did his basic there in 1951--Yep that is 59 years ago. We did go to a graduation--even sat in covered review stand--just like VIP's--certainly was a glorious sight! The young man (sorry not good these days in remembering names) from air station did visit--this is his first experience with having an RV rec area--they do have plans to expand, bring in WiFi, cable, etc--now lack of cell service is not their fault so can't solve that--Now a word of warning--you best get to ITT office 'before' 5:30 pm--even if you do have reservations / know your site #--you see the hook-ups require a key--unless you want to dry camp overnight! Remember you are in the marsh lands of SC so be prepared for visitors--the mosquitoes--and in summer it is hot & these things are 'not' the fault of RV Park management :-) I know this is long but want all to take into consideration that the RV park is new / having growing pains --however we would recommend it--not necessarily for just an overnight--is a tad away from I-95 but for huge sites, great hook-ups, relaxation & a 'walk down memory lane' for all the Marines you will love it, AND ladies watching all those young male recruits running by in the morning is the most 'awesome' way to start your day--tis true while I am old--I am NOT dead :-) !!!!!! Remember for day trips Savannah, GA is just south & Charleston, SC just north of you---
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or