Review Detail

3.9 60
29 March 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

R.R. left this review using the Directory software: We noticed a lack of recent reviews, so we took a day trip to this CG to collect new intel. Although it sits close to I-20 & I-26 & I-77, overnight travelers would do well to avoid it. The two staffers on duty were very friendly and one of them has worked there for quite some time. The staff says you still can't reserve a site and the CG remains full pretty much year-round, in part due to military parents whose kids who go through boot camp here. Yes, you can call ahead for expected departure dates but be warned: the staff only treats them as estimates, it's not set in stone. We saw no signs of a CG host. One lot had just opened up when we got there and a big bus ventured in to claim it, but we watched them turn around and leave. Even before we could take pictures of that lot, we literally had to step aside so another rig could claim it. This CG advertises 18 lots, but we watched a 19th guest back up his toy hauler RV beside a cabin. We suspect wandering visitors pose a problem here, as the CG sits right next to a community house that hosts weddings & parties. Its parking lot was crammed when we arrived and there was much merriment going on. This CG isn't "inside" Ft. Jackson, so there's unrestricted public access until 20:30L at which time they padlock a swing gate with a combination that changes twice each month. They'll give you the combo when you check in. Lots 1-6 now enjoy 50amp service, but I'd avoid lot #1 just so I don't have to put up with any gawkers at the community center. We honestly don't know if there's a stay limit (?!?) but the CG itself and the cabins look so run down that it may have disguised a homesteader or two. The spigot at lot #18 and the grill at lot #13 obviously got run over at some point. We suspect even the lot boundaries might not be enforced -- one guy spooled out enough coax to place his satdish in the front yard of a cabin.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or