Featured
Oregon 166550
October 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I know you want to know, so here you go: it's pronounced "Rye-Lee-uh". Everyone seems to have differing opinions except the locals and staff on site that call it as described. We really enjoyed our stay here. It was peaceful and went by all too quickly. The staff were wonderful. We had planned to arrive at 5pm but came closer to 7pm due to traffic after the scheduling office was closed. The guard at the front gate had all our paperwork, so fear not travelers! They gotchu if you arrive late. We also accidentally stayed a single day over the allotted number (whoops!) and they simply let us leave the next day. Thankfully, this happened during October 2022 when there are fewer sites being booked. Camp Rilea is very conveniently located, too, although it can be tricky to find if using a GPS navigator. Rather than using whatever address is recommended online, I suggest using the address for a restaurant on site called the Port Light Cafe. Here's the address: 3194 Patriot Way, Warrenton, OR 97146 This will take you right to the front entry for the camp EVERY time (yep, this is the entry you want to visit when entering the camp with your RV). The camp also has blue lights set up at the entry. During the day, it's harder to see but at night it makes returning 'home' much easier. Have your ID ready when you pull in as there will be a guard checking you every time. Like others have said, it's basically a parking lot with hookups. For someone wanting a quiet experience close in proximity to fun things to do, it's a great little option and the price is right. The most noise we heard were (daytime) light rifle practices and droning noises from close helicopter drills (that we honestly enjoyed right from our bedroom window). That all said, let me tell you that this little campground is PERFECTLY located near so many things you might need during travel including: Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, O'reilly's, Tractor Supply (with dog wash!!), Harbor Freight, Wash-and-Fold laundry (try Marlin Ave Coin Laundry by the Dairy Queen), etc. If you stay here during the rainy months (October to about April), there are lots of places to shop locally for rain gear. I recommend Englund Marine. There's also a Columbia store in Portland that offers 1/2 off cost for veterans and dependents, bring your ID. The restaurant options are solid, as well, in Astoria and Warrenton. If you want to drive a little, don't miss going to Long Beach, WA about 30 mins away. If you're in the proper season, consider razor clamming or hunting down berries (there are blackberry bushes everywhere, even lining the roadways!!). Overall, it was a wonderful place to visit, a great first stay on base for us and we will be back!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or