4.0 95
North Carolina 160982
24 March 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are a popup camper family, we traverse the East Coast area, We enjoyed our stay lots of military history, beaches were peaceful and serene. Fort Fisher is directly across the street from the public access to the beach, walking across the street (crosswalk) from Fort Fisher there is a great beach shower to rinse off. I stayed in RV site 18 (15$) a night. I added a pic of the location. It was directly across from the Military Museum and right outside is military equipment, tanks, trucks and helicopters. Hint use the showers in the REC center they are cleaner and in better condition. The pool wasn't opened yet for the season but it was cute and looks like fun for the kiddos. We went to the Aquarium and the Ferry, those are a must do if your going there. The rec center offered some great activities and had equipment to rent such as bikes and kayaks. there are lot of bugs so bring your coils and bug spray. there is no open flame allowed and there is not BBQs at every site so either bring your own or you could rent one. There is a byway between Wilmington and Fort Fisher that helps you avoid the town traffic so take a look at using it when you don't want to take the scenic route. Lastly this a great Military and Historic area! It always surprises me when I read reviews and people complain about bathroom and shower facilities, I expect rustic conditions its camping...... Bring soap and TP :-). 
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
May 21, 2018
I don't ordinary soap kills scabies, MRSA, shingles, fungus impetigo or "undefined dermatitis rashes" only bleach and actually cleaning the toilet- door handles, shower stall and curtain and the sink and faucets will prevent the spread of disease. Without water or sewer hook-up- at least a civilized notice of said conditions would be more leaning of integrity. Yes- You would be safer peeing in the woods than these bath houses
1 results - showing 1 - 1