3.8 73
North Carolina 133001
July 8, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were able to stay for 6 nights at the new sites they put in April,2013 sites 19-24. I don't know what they were thinking when they built these sites. Even though the view is outstanding, facing the lake and beach area, the sites are all unlevel. We tried three different sites in row and all of them left our front wheel, totally depending on the levelers at least two feet off the ground leaving us totally dependent on our levelers to keep us level and we still weren't level. We were planning to leave. My husband was so mad that he was cursing like I've never heard before. I went to the front office to complain and asked to be moved to an adjacent spot only to find out that it too was not level. Jamel, the clerk in the office was very helpful in trying to accommodate us but Mrs. Brown, well she was not so nice and while explaining to her our problem once Jamel was off work, she wrote down the new site we decided to stay in on my parking slip, but failed to write it down in the books and didn't seem like she wanted to be bothered by us either. We finally decided to stay in site 21 but pull off the concrete pad into the gravel/dirt area in front to finally get it leveled. It's parked close to the front dirt road that cars come down but at least were are not two feet off the ground now. Other then that, great beautiful place with great views. Advice is that they should redo these spots and make them level and not just throw concrete down and call it a padded site.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
May 21, 2014
They need to RE-DO the office staff! Glad you were able to find one that was helpful.
1 results - showing 1 - 1