Review Detail

4.5 91
June 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our second visit to Onslow Beach. The biggest asset of this CG is the beach. You really cannot ask for a better, bigger, cleaner beach experience. During the high season there are actually lifeguards posted at various locations. The sites themselves are Spartan. If you are looking for a beautiful site to camp, this is not it. The camp host friendly and helpful. We did not use the bathhouse because it smelled. That seems to be a common problem for many CGs. Don't know why. I have a 32' FW and had no trouble backing in. And I am not a great backer!
WiFi is excellent, but we lost electric power for a couple hours - both times we stayed there. Seems strange that a transformer went out during both of our stays. :-) There is a BX annex right in the camp, so you don't need to leave for anything, which is fortunate because the drive back to Camp LeJeune is a long one. You are close to some great seafood restaurants at Swansboro and Sneads Ferry. For the price and the amenities, I doubt you can find a better beach access CG than this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or