4.0 95
North Carolina 161292
March 2009, Aug 2009, Labor day weekend 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I agree with most of the previous comments. Previously my wife stayed at Salter Path Family campground near ATlantic Beach until they sold to developers. This facility is very nice and short walk to the beach, or drive and park at the edge of this compound. I have only stayed in the overflow areas; which I think I may prefer anyway. Stayed at one of the firehouse spaces. Oddly enough we liked it fine there. No cable (we don't bring TV on vacation anyway), and we stayed at the dreaded RV spot #26. We too walked around trying to figure out the best way to set up. If we backed in so server dump on trailer was directly at dump hole, our camper doors and awning would have faced the singlewide. Not acceptable. We settled on pulling through and turning right, so trailer door is facing main road. We could not hookup to sewer dump, but we could go the 3 days without it. We just dumped at the end of stay. That was our only trouble. Staff was terrific. Last Labor day they had a problem with the pool, they worked very hard to get it up and running for the last weekend of the season. This will be our local choice for near the beach camping.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or