3.8 73
North Carolina 133009
Aug 2006
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I agree with the reviewer that said the CG does not do Bragg justice. I live at Ft. Bragg and we went there just for a weekend getaway. Our site was on the lake and beautiful view. We heard the occasional helicopter but, other than that, it was quiet. The roads are dusty, but we did not mind. There are more cabins there now. There are no grills and very few picnic tables. Also, there are only 1 or 2 fire rings. Makes roasting marshmallows rough. We were at site 18, which is for popups. We had a great view and a fire ring. It was very unlevel though. My main complaint is the facilities. The beautiful lake is off limits. No boating, fishing, canoeing, etc. The is a small ant infested swimming area that is open until 5pm. The waterslide advertised is broken. There appears to be a place where you used to be able to rent some sort of water craft that is now closed and looks about to fall down. It was depressing looking out from our campsite at such a gorgeous lake knowing that we could not go canoeing on it. The bathhouse was also scary. The facility itself was above average, it was just infested with spiders and not well maintained.The brass at Bragg need to take notice of this diamond in the rough they have here and make it worthy of Ft. Bragg.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or