North Carolina 160266
29 SEP to 8 OCT 2009
(Updated: October 08, 2009)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We liked this RV Park. It's quiet and roomy. The laundry room is with the bathhouses but it's not marked. It's the last door on the left side of the building. It's air conditioned and really pleasant inside. I brought a chair and my laptop while I was waiting for my laundry to finish. Two washers/two dryers at 75 cents each. We loved the beach access within walking distance. There are many free public parking lots for the beach if you'd rather drive. Boarded the ferry when we left the campground as we were headed south--our first ferry ride ever. It's $15 but better check ahead of time for the schedule as we had an hour wait. We paid $15 for the truck and 5th wheel. It's a 30 min ride on the ferry and you can sit in your vehicle OR walk about the boat. You CAN drive south if you want but you have to go through Wilmington which would take you about 1.5 hrs to accomplish the same thing that the ferry will do. When we saw all the neat shops and antique shops after we got off the ferry and into town, we wished we had taken a day to do that while we were at the RV park but we didn't have time once we got on the road as we had a deadline to meet. There is no military gate at the RV park. Cable TV gets over 100 channels which is a PLUS in our book! Intermittent drops w/Verizon cell and aircard but not too bad.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or