3.8 73
North Carolina 133619
May 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This campground was convenient because I wanted to visit Fort Bragg and see the change that had occurred since serving there years ago. For this purpose, my stay at Smith Lake campground served me well. However, the campground has several disappointing conditions. Too many of the sites are not level and it would be difficult to get level. Also, the entire road at the campground is gravel and during dry conditions, the amount of dust created by passing traffic is overwhelming. As a result of the dust, you couldn't leave any window open, no matter what time of day or night. Fort Bragg is an active installation and soldiers reside in the RV park and will drive faster than retirees and kick up even more dust. So visiting Fort Bragg is interesting if you served there, but the Special Operations and Airborne Museum in downtown Fayetteville is a museum one should visit. It is so well done, modern and interesting. A MUST See! In fact, I'd like to return and if I do, I will select a campground near the downtown of Fayetteville instead of the campground at Smith Lake.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or