4.0 57
New York 92381
Aug 2-10, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Beautiful place to camp. Easy to make reservations. Check in was smooth. We booked a couple nights staying in site #9 by the bath house. It was very nice and we had a great view of the lake. We enjoyed it so much we decided to extend our stay. We moved to site #C16. It was much more secluded and surrounded by trees - very beautiful. I will say the higher up we were, the more we were able to hear the firing range. We didn't hear it at all while staying by the bathhouse. The mosquitos were much worse too up in the foliage. I wish I had a screened in tent to be able to enjoy the outdoors more. The temps were wonderful, the views and area is just gorgeous. My only negative is it's not located on the base and anyone can access the area. So we had to lock everything up each night and when we left the site. When we are on a base, we don't need to worry about locking everything up. We did like that we were very close to West Point and enjoyed exploring the amazing campus. So much history and beauty. We were surprised how much we liked it there and have already made another reservation to return next month.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or