New Jersey 55460
August 2 to August 16 2009
(Updated: August 10, 2009)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We're presently staying at NWS Earle in a motorhome. We are grateful that the base skipper and MWR staff offer this facility to the active and retired community. It's not the nicest or the cheapest military campground we've stayed at but given the area and the fact that other area military installations don't offer campgrounds, it is a jewel. Everything others have said in previous reviews is accurate and helped us prepare for our visit. The sewer hookups being in a strange place were the most notable. We arrived during a monsoon and crawling under the motorhome to make the sewer connection was, well interesting. They put in 9 new sites as previously mentioned and I think they’re waiting for the new grass to take hold before they start using them. There is a new bathhouse and laundry. Gate guards, security personnel and everyone we’ve met have been professional, squared away and helpful. The base skipper can be proud of his people. While some bases have a small army of host campers, Earle doesn’t appear to have any. If I was asked to make a constructive comment, a host camper might be a positive addition as a source of information and to do light site maintenance. The grass is presently high and in need of cutting, possibly due to the unusual amount of rain the northeast has received this summer. The office said they’re at the mercy of the base grass cutting crew. There are a number of empty spots right now so if you’re traveling in this area, stop in and enjoy this campground, but save a spot for me. We’ll be back. Thank you Earle for a great recreation facility. Bob, USN, Ret
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or