4.1 96
25 May to 8 Jun, 2011
(Updated: May 28, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Not quite a 5 in every cat, but pretty close. Overall was a very strong 4. Real easy to get to. The directions are correct, but I'm uploading my DeLorme map just in case. The camp ground is away from the normal hussle and bussle of the base and located on a lake. The boat house has hot dogs, polish dogs, and nachos at reasonable rates. Also, ice cream. 370 has a few bumps, but generally not a problem... Nothing like what you might find in CA. Generally good. The heads need a little upgrading and I'm not aware of any shelters for tornadoes. I guess more anything they could use wouldn't cost much is gravel. Several loads of gravel would go a long way. Overall, the place is very nice and easy to get to. Roads leading into the camp were no problem at all. No matter what you do, get to Hancock and 370 and then turn south on Hancock -- good road, no overhangs, etc, etc. Closest gate to the fam camp is the bellvue gate. Just go south on Hancock (lake road), the left on 24th and you run right into the bellevue gate. Follow it around (natural curves) and you run right into the post office, commissary, and bx.
Camp host is Sam and she's a real hardworking trooper. Nice lady....
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or