Montana 76426
June 29-July 6, 2010
(Updated: September 19, 2010)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Upon arrival we spent one night in the Annex on base as no spots in Gateway. I was somewhat disappointed as to camp 'hostess'--I will give her benefit of doubt as this is first year both as hostess & I understand to the RV world. Was often difficult contacting her & when did she could be a bit less than courteous. The couple at the Annex were great, however we really did need the 50 amp. That said the Gateway was well laid out in a beautiful area--sites were good size--do have to drive 'around' to get on base as 'main' gate was still being re-done. This was our 'base' as we did a number of day trips in area prior to driving on to Glacier & ultimately Alberta, Canada. We were lucky to be on a military base for July 4--enjoyed a great base picnic. We were told that plans are to double the size of the Gateway & close the Annex completely as Annex has been there a number of years & only 30 amp. There was no target date given for this. At this time there was 'lots' of construction on base & as there building time is so short I don't believe the expansion of FamCamp will be top priority. Oh the WiFi worked great--all in all would recommend if you are in area--beats anything the civilian world has to offer in area!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or