Mississippi 102206
April 15-21, 2013
(Updated: June 04, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great campground, and you don't have to wander through the NCBC to get to it like you do on some military facilities. It is just past the main gate. No surprise, I guess ... the SeaBees know how to build things. We liked how the long term and short term campers are in separate sections of the same campground. Our corner pull through was excellent for a short stay. Be warned if train noise bothers you ... the horns are heard night and day...every day. This campground is conveniently situated to explore not just Gulfport, but Biloxi and Ocean Springs, as well as Bay St Louis. It is a short drive to the beach. We didn't use the amenities/facilities ... hence the three stars. I deducted one star from hospitality due to the rude behavior of the campground manager when my wife went to ask a question. It was the day after the Boston Marathon incident, and yes, there was a sign that guests needed their ID card to enter the office. Unfortunately I had her ID with me in the car. She no sooner opened the office door that the manager rudely told her she couldn't come in without an ID. My wife accepts the fact that she should have had her ID, but the way the situation was handled was over the top. The manager later apologized to me, but never said a word to my wife.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or