Featured
Mississippi 102162
January - May 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We love this park. In 2018 we stayed at the 'front' where it is row after row of pull throughs. We were very happy there....then. But, this time we stayed in the 'back' park (or new park) and it was great! While we were here the Coronavirus pandemic started. We had planned to stay from Jan to the end of March but ended up staying until the end of May in order to wait out the worst of the pandemic. What a wonderful place to get 'stuck.' We thanked our lucky stars everyday that we happened to be in this park when the lock down orders came. It is quiet, very roomy, well groomed and very pleasing to the eye. The roads are paved and each site has a very large concrete pad. The utilities are located well and all sites are level. The bathrooms and laundry room are spotless. The Navy has its own wifi and it is relatively strong throughout the park. The grounds are spacious and maintained weekly - virus or no virus. There is no problem getting satellite signal from any site. This park on the western end of the base is much quieter than the old one up front. The trains are a distant sound and sirens are rarely heard back here. The commissary and exchange are nice and large enough to find most anything you need. During the pandemic, the 2 stores are monitored for masks and numbers of people shopping. I never felt 'exposed' while shopping. I almost hate to leave such a good review because I don't want it to become difficult to get future reservations! LOL But, it is the duty of all RVers to let the rest of the RVers know what to expect from a park. You can't go wrong here and that's a promise.
Shields RV Park
Shields RV Park
Shields RV Park
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or