4.2 49
Massachusetts 129746
August 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

P.M. left this reicew using the Directory software: Overall a very nice place to visit. $25 per night. We were there for six days (Sunday to Saturday). Narrow streets can make it difficult to navigate a big rig, especially on busy weekends - but we managed okay. Pam, the person in charge, was easy to work with. Very high water pressure - be sure to use a regulator to avoid possible damage to your rig. We never did rid of a water leak at the connection. 11 RV spaces - ours was site 4 with great views of the ocean. We needed a second sewer hose to make a sewer connection. Good electric voltage. As might be expected (being right on the ocean) the sites were pretty narrow and packed in. We never did our rig exactly leveled. We stopped for a beer at the store - ended up paying a dollar more and bought the whole six pack. There's a gate but one could never know if it would be open or closed after 5 PM - but it was certainly never locked. Several nice local places nearby (by car) to eat. A million kids around so be careful driving. We saw what looked like a nice playground there but we didn't visit it. We didn't use the laundromat but it looked just fine. A perfect place to relax and enjoy the beach. We'd go back in a heartbeat.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 23, 2010
I am very surprised at the photos posted of this campground. I was on temporary duty here for a 90 day period during the summer of 73. I was one of the assigned caretakers from Hanscom Fld. At That time the cabins looked like something from the movie Summer of 42. They were just shells with plumbing and propane stoves and old used furniture from family housing. All the beds were metal bunks. I recall the daily rates of only 6 to 15 dollars a night! That summer was the best summer of my young adult life. I met great people coming and going. The Humarock locals really took care of us in a good neighborly way. Someday I need to get back and check it out. Great clamming good fishing and great parties!!
1 results - showing 1 - 1