Maryland 124203
June 2012
(Updated: June 06, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Not much new to add to previous reviews. The location and price are the best things about the campground. And those two items alone make it a decent choice. It apparently is a money maker but I wish they would use the money to make it a better campground and more well run. The campground help (and phantom campground host) have a schedule that is hard to follow. There are people there during the day at times. Satellite doesn't work so I wonder why it hasn't been put in. It is a real shame to be in the nation's capitol and have such a horrible campground. I think it is a problem of leadership and interest by the MWR staff. Who ever is running this place really isn't. The staff seem barely competent. There is no presence of someone who is running the place. The same issues noted previously remain. No wifi, potholes, basic upkeep, rusty water etc. New gravel was put down around the roads and campsites a while ago but many of the campsites are not level. How much does it take to get them level? Not good when someone has to raise wheels off the ground to get it level. Would we came back? Probably. Because of the cost and location. It is just a shame it isn't in better shape and more well run.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or