Maryland 124367
June 2011
(Updated: July 19, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Overall this famcamp was great. Directions were right on if followed. Pay attention to the directions and you will make the commercial gate with no problem. The folks at the gate were great, minor delay for inspections and right on in. No problem with the roads or streets getting to the campground, even at the gate. The folks at the campground were great, very helpful. Some of the camp sites are newly improved and it is my understanding more to come in that area in the near future. The attention to the landscaping showed the hard work in it's condition and appearance. Overall the facilities (club house, bath house, etc.) were fine. Trees everywhere, so a lot of shade. Might give problems at some sites for sat tv. Sites are extremely close together, not my favorite situation, but manageable. The internet service needs a huge upgrade. First problem was I wasn't told about it for several days after I arrived. Once I knew it was there it didn't provide reliability. If you get the signal it doesn't always provide the speed we are expecting and it will drop out fairly easily. For us that have working vacations this is a must. Finally, the manual reservation system is not reliable for those having to use it or the customers. There was a lot of confusion my last day about moving from one site to another because of someone coming in to my site. Turned out there was no reason for me to move at all. There has got to be software available for these folks to more efficiently manage the reservation system. Had no problem with location next to the golf course or closeness to the outside roads. Finally the dog park is not adequate and really did not provide a secure area for small dogs. Although I had no problem walking my dogs the area designed for that purpose and to allow them to run free needs some type of renovation, enlargement and improvement. If you visit DC you will like the location and I think the famcamp overall.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts