3.8 86
Maryland 124303
31 Aug-7 Sept 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great location to visit D.C., it was an easy commute to get to the Branch Ave, Metro station and travel into DC. We used the Smart trip card and were very pleased with using the Metro service. After getting into DC we were glad we didn't drive, traffic is horrible. Parking at the Metro costs $4.25 a day and well worth it for the convenience. At the campgrounds we were assigned one of the newly poured concrete sites. The site was fine, 15 foot wide by 40 foot deep and level. After reading some of the other reviews about these new sites I was apprehensive about taking one but am glad I did. There was plenty of room between sites, we parked the 5th wheel toward the edge of the pad and ended up with an 8X40 concrete patio under the awning. I would recommend not hooking up to water here, we did and found out quickly that what others had been writing about the rust was indeed very true. Bath house was old but kept clean and serviceable as well as stocked with the necessary paper goods. As far as the roads, they are gravel and dirt and the dry conditions of the week we were there made them very dusty but everyone traveled below the posted speed limit to try and keep the dust down. Anyone wanting to visit D.C. this is a great place to stay for the money, we would definitely stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or