3.6 43
Maryland 218399
11 Oct - 11 Nov 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stay here twice a year when transiting from Florida to Maine - previously lived in the area before full-timing and after retiring from Navy. Let me say I like this CG very much but don't like what is happening to it - I recommend it to everyone that asks - and this could be one of the best military campgrounds any where but it is turning into a slummy trailer park. It looks like short comings are addressed in some random way - some people have to take down fences around their camper yet some keep boats (against rules) next to their camper along with 40 or 50 gallons of gas in containers. People leave their campers for months at a time and the weather tears up tents and covered patios - not to mention that many of the "full time residents" put up those tacky white rooms or even garages. The fire boxes have had a "not operational" sign on them for the past 3 years - hope nothing burns. This place makes money for MWR and obviously needs management that knows what it is doing. I was active duty at NDW and visited the rec center many times with the Admiral that had oversight and it was never in this condition. We stay here due to close proximity of family - the area is beautiful - someone needs to kick this place in line.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or