Maryland 218389
26 Aug -1 Sep 2009
(Updated: August 31, 2009)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The check-in at the RV office is very organized but make sure you have your RV proof of insurance handy because they want that to make a copy of. First time we've ever been asked for that to camp. I thought the $37 a day fee was quite high. We didn't use the pool or any of the other activities that go along with the passes they give you or it might have been a better bargain. We visited the NAS which is about a 20 min drive and went to the BX. There is a tiny mall inside also. There is a library on base but it was closed at 2pm on the Friday we were there so we didn't get to check it out. It is not open on weekends. No diesel on base. Only 3 fast food joints inside the NEX and I wouldn't recommend them. I concur with the person who posted previous that the Spyros Bagel place next to the nearby Food Lion is WONDERFUL. We were in C loop and it was fine. I didn't see anything to make me think it was "trashed" like the previous post. Verizon air card got a very powerful signal but there is NO TV that you can get with an antenna--not one station--really surprised me. It is close to a beach (within walking distance) but there is no sand-just dirt, and even though we were there at 11:30 in Aug, there was no lifeguard present, so that means no going in the water. The laundry was ok. There are 5 washers and 5 dryers and they're all $1.50 ea. No a/c so if you're doing your laundry in summer, prepare to sweat. There is a tiny book/magazine exchange in the laundry room.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or