3.6 43
Maryland 218406
Aug 20 to Sept 6, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed Aug 20 to Sept 6, 2021 in our 40' motorhome with tow vehicle. We had to move twice, so we stayed in three different areas of the park. G, F and D. Each had its pros and cons. First let me say their reservation system is terrible. Having to move sites multiple times during a stay is ridiculous and, the sites you're assigned rarely fit your rig. We witnessed this with multiple rigs/people. Our first site, G38 was a site we chose after being assigned a site that was not only flooded, but the trees made it impossible for us to fit our class A. We had full hookups but was our least favorite because the area has poor drainage and most sites were flooded. Many people had pallets laid out to get from their vehicle to their rig so they wouldn't have to walk in the water. And, you are very close to your neighbors. Our second site was wonderful, site F1. FHU's and lots of space between sites. I highly recommend area F if you are self-contained. The only negative about this area to me was the bath house and laundry were in need of a thorough cleaning and repairs/updating. Especially compared to the facilities in G and D. Our third site, D41 was electric 50/30 amp and water only, but was very nice aside from needing the grass cut badly. That applied to the entire park. Not sure what happened to their landscape crew. . . . When we first moved to the site, we found the 50 amp wasn't working. It was very hot and we definitely needed both a/c's so I called the front office. Selena is a rock star! She contacted maintenance and they were out within 15 minutes. Within an hour, we were up and running - thanks to a great maintenance team! I didn't get their names, but all 4 men were very nice and asked repeatedly if we were happy and set now. They said not to hesitate to call if we needed anything else. I mentioned we didn't have a picnic table like the other sites, and within minutes, they arrived carrying a table for us. All the while smiling. Very nice! Even though everyone was nice and accommodating at this park, we will not be back. For us, a retired couple, this park was just too crowded and not a lot to do for us. For families/kids, tons! We camped at Solomons Island Navy Recreation Area in a Motorhome.
Solomons Island Navy Recreation Area
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or