Review Detail

4.8 85
15 Nov 13
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I booked 3 of the new cottages at Great Pond Recreation Center for the weekend of 15 Nov 13. There were 12 of us all together and our goal was to "get away" for a quiet weekend. We did exactly that and all had an extremely enjoyable weekend. We just relaxed and enjoyed the facility. We were in 3 of the new cottages that were built in 2012. I happen to know the owner of the design team that had created the concept for the new cottages. These cottages were outstanding in every aspect. The older cottages that are available are also very clean and well kept. The biggest cottage is still under renovation but we were allowed to go in and look at it while we were there. We, in fact, have reserved both of the bigger facilities next to the office for New Year's weekend; that is how much we all enjoyed ourselves. The staff due to being "off-season" we only dealt with one staff member, but she was very helpful and accommodating. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome. During the regular season, there is a lot more activity available, but we were still very pleased with the over-all experience. Again, we liked it so much that we want to go back for New Year's weekend. We are also planning to make this an annual event, possibly 2 or 3 trips per year. We spent the weekend enjoying too much food and snacks (each couple was responsible to prepare one of the meals or provide snacks for in between meals, which meant we all ate too much. The cottages were very well designed by Oak Point associates of Biddeford, Maine. They did an excellent job of siting the cottages on the property and designing the interior to be very user-friendly. The kitchens were equipped with all necessary items to prepare meals and you felt like you were pretty much at home. The cooking pots and pans were Wolf Gang Puck brand and there was enough variety of utensils to be able to prepare almost any meal. We brought a lot of our own games to keep us busy, but there is a great variety of board games and DVD's available at the recreation center to be used by guests. We also took some time to make a trip to the Alpaca Outlet on Route #9, not very far from Great Pond (not cheap, but very good value for the money). I could go on for quite a while telling you all about the facility. The best endorsement i can give is that all of us truly enjoyed the experience and look forward to New Year's Eve and next season. To be able to satisfy all of the different personalities of the couples who were with us is a testament in itself. We all had a great time and all of us would highly recommend this facility to anyone who wants to enjoy a get-away where you can relax and enjoy yourself in a very comfortable surrounding and a truly great experience. Our only regret is that it took us this long to discover Great Pond and all that it offers. Do yourselves a favor and book a get-away and I honestly feel that you will enjoy it as much as we did.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or