4.2 93
Louisiana 101488
Feb 5-12 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Back at BAFB Famcamp again. Since my last visit in Dec 2006, a lot of work has been done on the new pads, hook-ups and bathhouse BUT nothing on the existing sites. Base Services manager says they lost a LOT of time due to rains. After the new pads, etc are completed (est June 2007) they will rework all the old pads and hookups (which are mostly on the wrong sides). Voltage is below 120 volts according to the sign & we did have significant fluctuation's. Be careful... The Famcamp was pretty empty, all full-timers are gone and there was plenty of room. All else remains the same. BTW- the easiest entrance to the Famcamp is from I-20. By-pass the Airline Dr. Barksdale AFB exit on I-20 and look for "Industrial Blvd". That takes you to the little used, back gate w/ no barricades, nearest the Fampcamp, avoiding all the main base traffic. If you are heading East on I-20 the "Industrial St." exit is 1 exit beyond the Airline Dr BAFB exit. Westbound- you'll come to the "Industrial St." exit first.
JH
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or