4.3 79
Kentucky 125100
October 25-November 3, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are glad we were here in the fall as the campground is not crowded, it is very quiet, and the autumn colors are beautiful. We made this our main site for visiting Kentucky as we were close to Louisville, and within driving distance of Frankfort. We intended to go into Lexington but ran out of time. The campground is very clean and everyone was friendly. There are a few that look like long-time residents but their sites were clean and neat. The bathrooms, laundry and kitchen were spotless. Both washers and dryers were $1. Plenty of hot water for showers. I had a couple suggestions that a rack be added to the laundry room for hanging clothes and a couch in the kitchen area for watching TV. Right now there are only kitchen tables and chairs which aren't comfortable when watching a football game. There is a beautiful living room area at the check-in building but I never saw anyone using it when I was there. We don't have children but the playground area seemed very nice to me and was very convenient to anyone staying in the campground. Ft. Knox is about two miles away and has the best commissary I have ever seen with a great selection of meats and produce. We would definitely come back here next time we are in Kentucky.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or