Kentucky 124953
MAY 2008
(Updated: July 28, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have to agree with Tsunami's & ckt1945's posting. We arrived here a year ago in April, after my hubby returned home from his fourth tour in Iraq, to retire. It has taken much longer for his retirement to go through than we had anticipated and appreciate the hospitality we have received while being stationed here. We right now have a gentleman that came and dropped off three fifth wheels about 2 months ago. We have not seen this gentlemen since, but there have been at least 14 different people, including women and children, who have come to stay in these rv's. None of the vehicles have military stickers on them. I have asked a few of the different patrons if they were military, or if they were working on post and they just ignored me. There are a few patrons here who have been here for over two years that are either project managers or are working in some fashion on post. But they do own their own units and stay in their own units. The restrooms and laundry facilities are very clean. Since this last batch of contractors have arrived, there have been 5 out of the 8 washers continually out of service. (Have since been fixed) I do agree, that there needs to be more spaces made available for active duty military, reservists, national guard and retired vets to use. Right now, it seems to me, that the contractors have priority. UPDATED: May 28, 2008 - The five fifth wheels have finally left. Come to find out, all of these people who stayed in these rv's were sponsored by one individual. That individual, had his own business, and had been awarded a contract for some work at a power plant in Louisville (non-related to any military facility). He brought his 5 rv's and all his employees from Florida, up here, none of whom had ever served a day in the military, and they were allowed to stay in this park. They arrived in early February and just left. Let's see, that is past the 120 day limit. There were several complaints made by other military patrons to management about the loud music and drinking, but nothing was done. There was an active duty soldier and his wife, clearing, on his way to Fort Hood to be deployed to Iraq, guess where he had to park his rv? On a 30amp, no sewer hook up, while the non-military people, working at a power plant in Louisville, had the prime FHU spots. We had made an ICE complaint some time back, and guess who responded to the complaint? Management, and nothing was resolved. We were told that as long as someone is sponsored they can stay here. (There should be a limit on the amount of non-military individuals that one person can sponsor along with a specified length of time.) The sponsored individual does not have to have the sponsor with them and if more more then one individual rotates in and out of the units, it is not her business. So when you come to stay here, expect to be surrounded by non-military contractors.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or