4.2 5
Nov. 19, 2022
(Updated: November 20, 2022)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stopped by to research this recreation area and update the website. I also uploaded several new photos and a short video of the recreation area. Bellows AFS Recreation Center was much larger than I expected. This is a full featured recreation area. There's several types and sizes of recreational lodging, family campsites, and group campsites. In addition to the beautiful private beaches, there's disc golf, miniature golf, a driving range, and a game room. There's a small store and snack/cafe area. I wished I was staying here, rather than just a day visit. Several of the small cabins and some camping areas are closed as they recently discovered some munitions around these areas. The recreation area isn't too far from Honolulu, but far enough away to be away from the city. It's located on the other side of the mountain range and is surrounded by beautiful terrain and coastline. This place fits my image of what a military recreation area should be. Just be sure to get your reservation early, as they book up a year in advance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or