3.5 84
Georgia 151936
Jan 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Ok, many of the previous comments are spot on. At one time I suppose Lott’s Island RV Park was something that the base cared and supported—financially and otherwise. Not the case now, but I encourage my fellow RV’ers to not be discouraged. It is many squatters here but it is still room for anyone passing through. We arrived and the MRW office was closed, we simply found an empty space and set up, and encourage others to do so. Called MWR the next day and asked to reserve space, was told that no vacancies existed. 2 hours later stopped by the office and stated that I wanted to pay for RV site X and would be staying for a few more days…no problem, money taken and no questions asked. Signs leading to the CG state you must have reservations or stay in the overflow (it took us until the next day to find overflow). For Overflow, head past CG towards Lott’s Island and you will see "RV Overflow" Signs on the right…very nice and for 6 bucks a night it was tempting for us to move there. Sites offer 30/50, water, sewer, cable (could not get cable to work), and Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi worked better than some 5 star CG’s we have stayed at, may have been our location but worked great. Gravel pads, very narrow, and some are difficult to get into. A lot of negatives (as discussed by earlier posts) but we liked our 4 day stay, It is quiet here, very convenient (Bass Pro Shop and Wal-Mart less than a mile away) to Historic Savannah, golf is great, nice and quiet, and the base is full service. Don’t expect any 5 star treatments but don’t be discouraged from this diamond in the rough.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or