4.6 97
Georgia 145569
March 27 - April 2, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First, getting there. I used the GPS and it took me right to the Country Store for check in. I talked to another person that also used it and he had no problems except he thought it was taking him astray. He said he was confused because he was in Alabama. Uchee Creek Campground is in Alabama, but part of Ft. Benning, Georgia, thus the confusion. I was in site 27 and it was an excellent site. I was within easy walking distance to a bath house and laundry. The only down side of the place was in the laundry. There were 6 each washers and dryers. Some of the washers were 75 cents a load and some were $1.25. Same type washers, so couldn't figure the difference. 2 of the washers were broken. The dryers were also different prices. Half were labeled as 25 cents but no time given, the other half were labeled as 50 cents for 12 minutes. Again, could not see any difference in them. I dried a double load in one of 50 cent ones and put $2 in and they dried very well. All the facilities were very clean and the whole camping area was well landscaped and maintained. Definitely a place to stop if you are going to be in the area. Not that far to Columbus for major shopping. The exchange was large, well stocked and had just about everything you would need. Commissary also large and well stocked. Verizon and Dish worked well here except you are right on the Time Zone line and my phone kept changing times.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or