4.8 230
Georgia 177065
Mar 29-Apr 5, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

R.H. left this review using the Directory software: I do not really mean for my comments to seem negative, but there are some things which are less than perfect at this park. Some are probably temporary, but I feel I have to mention them in fairness to all. Cleanliness, staff friendliness, etc., are as stated throughout all reviews - nothing short of perfect. High speed wi-fi was superb. Cable TV was disappointing. Fifteen channels is not a lot to begin with, but at least five of the channels were out of service most of the time. I stayed in one of the new lakefront sites. These sites are more private than the main CG, but it is a long walk to the bath-house/community center. Loose gravel is several inches thick, and difficult to even walk on. One must stay on the concrete pad, otherwise will track black sand/dirt into house. There was no shuttle to Exchange/Commissary, as described in another review. Perhaps this a seasonal thing. In forty years of military experience (active and retired), I have never seen a more secure base (other that Area 51). Base facilities were above average, and surrounding community seemed very friendly. Overall, this is a very nice facility.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or