4.6 97
Georgia 145569
June 13-20,2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Nice quiet park just outside Fort Benning. Good access to ALA Hwy 165 to avoid towing the RV through the base. Base facilities are fairly convenient but get a map of the base to get around. Diesel fuel is only sold at one station that I found. Check-in was a breeze and the campground is easily navigated. Our cost was $30 per day. I paid for 6 nights and got 1 free. Cell coverage was nearly nonexistent with occasionally getting 1 bar of coverage, barely enough for a call but even that dropped frequently. Did not have any internet coverage but we came as tourists in the area so that really didn't bother us. We had one maintenance issue that was handled, although it did take 2 visits due to some confusion about where I was parked. There are a lot of deer roaming the area, so be careful driving the roads in and around the campground. There is a boat launch at the site for $5. Be aware that you are fairly close to the runway approach and there is some helicopter activity in the area on occasion. The people I interacted with were mostly friendly and helpful when answering questions.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or