Seattle Parking for RV while on Cruise

More
13 years 2 months ago #8152 by Schmill
Hi Everyone!

I'm taking a cruise to Alaska next August. I'm looking for parking somewhere near the Seattle cruise terminal that hopefully doesn't cost a small fortune. I have a 33' Class A and and tow a small car. There is parking at the pier but they want $245 a week for the RV AND $175 a week for the car. I know it's a prime location but $420 is out of my budget. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8153 by morscuba
I've stored RV's and pov's at AAA, Ustore, and Public Storage. Look in the Seattle yellow pages and give em a call. Most have secure yards and maps to locations.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8154 by stanbnv
You might try the Coast Guard Base at Pier 36.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8159 by Schmill
Since posting this, I've been researching the Internet, Woodalls and Trailer Life. There are two commercial facilities in the Seattle area that specifically advertise short term RV storage while you are on a cruise. They are the Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell and the Salmon Bay Marina. There are probably more.

Thanks for your help.

John

More
13 years 2 months ago #8160 by bill6750
We are going on a Ak. trip in May. I have contacted Ft. Lewis, Wa. and plan to park our RV at the RV park there. We will leave the Rv pluged into electric while we are gone. It will cost about $70.00 for the week we are gone. I am not sure if we will drive the pu to the port and park it while we are gone or try and find another way to get to the terminal, (taxi, bus, shuttle etc.) If it is as expensive to park as you say, I think I will look for an alternative way to get to the terminal. Look into Ft. Lewis to park the RV.
Bill

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
13 years 2 months ago #8165 by Schmill
bill6750 wrote:

We are going on a Ak. trip in May. I have contacted Ft. Lewis, Wa. and plan to park our RV at the RV park there. We will leave the Rv pluged into electric while we are gone. It will cost about $70.00 for the week we are gone. I am not sure if we will drive the pu to the port and park it while we are gone or try and find another way to get to the terminal, (taxi, bus, shuttle etc.) If it is as expensive to park as you say, I think I will look for an alternative way to get to the terminal. Look into Ft. Lewis to park the RV.
Bill

Hi Bill. Thanks for the info!

I think I'm going to go with the RV park that I mentioned. I called them this morning and they only charge $3 a night for short term RV cruise storage but they do require at least a one night stay in the RV park at $44 a night. While in storage, they said that they have enough electricty available to keep the refer cold, probably 15 or 20 amp service. The park is only about 13 miles from the pier so cab/limo/van service should be reasonable. I did some checking on other boards and this park gets a mixture of reviews, from very good to poor. It's interesting reading but I can deal with the negs. Here's a link to a site with a lot of reviews on this park:

www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Washington/Bothell.html

If you want to call about parking prices at the pier, here is the number to the parking company's recording:

206 783-4144

Finally, if you're new to cruising or looking for a good source for info on cruises, take a look at Cruise Critic on the Internet. They have a great board on the Seattle area with all kind of info on hotels, transportation, and things to do. It's just like this board in that it doesn't cost anything to join.

Hope this helps!

Regards
John

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds