Fort Lewis Famcamp.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5488 by 2bnot2b
Fort Lewis Famcamp. was created by 2bnot2b
I posted this in the wrong forum (West and Southwest), without any response. So, lets try again here.;)

Just looked at the reviews for the Ft. Lewis camp ground. It seems to be a mix of good and bad. I am only considering a week or less stay, so the bad doesn't really concern me.

My question: Is the Famcamp big rig friendly? I have a 40' motor home. Would appreciate information from you who have actually stayed in the camp. If not big rig friendly any recommendations of camp grounds in the area.

Thanks to all who reply, Bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5493 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re:Fort Lewis Famcamp.
You're not going to get many replies to this post because the Army Travel Camp at Fort Lewis is very accurately described in the Campground section. If you go to the Fort Lewis web page - provided in the campground section - you will see a picture of a MH on one of their sites with lots of room left over on both ends. There reservation phone number is free and they require your rig size when making a reservation so just call and ask. This is a two dimensional informative reply and not intended to offend anyone.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 2 months ago #5495 by 2bnot2b
Replied by 2bnot2b on topic Re:Fort Lewis Famcamp.
Thanks FastEagle,

I was at the Ft. Lewis web page, that's what prompted my question. I was seeking out anyone who had personal knowledge of the Famcamp.

I will call Fort Lewis as you suggest but, I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling that they will give me the correct information. I do appreciate your reply. Safe travels, Bill.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5498 by seabeeken
Replied by seabeeken on topic Re:Fort Lewis Famcamp.
Stayed at Ft Lewis in Oct. You will not have any problem with your 40ft. Nice lake connected to the park. The park is very wooded so sat tv is hard to get in some sites

More
15 years 2 months ago #5500 by 2bnot2b
Replied by 2bnot2b on topic Re:Fort Lewis Famcamp.
seabeeken wrote:

Stayed at Ft Lewis in Oct. You will not have any problem with your 40ft. Nice lake connected to the park. The park is very wooded so sat tv is hard to get in some sites

Thanks seabeeken,

This is just the information I was looking for. Now I can start to make plans.

For what its worth; I called Ft. Lewis camp grounds Spoke to Sharon, she doesn't have a clue about what the CG will accommodate as far as size of vehicle. That's why this forum is so great.

Bill

More
15 years 1 month ago #5688 by rgdeford
Replied by rgdeford on topic Re:Fort Lewis Famcamp.
:) Bill Ft Lewis has a real nice famCamp, It would be a good Idea to make a reservation, and check into the office upon entry. You will be assigned a site, but sometimes the site maybe extended and they will have to put on a different site than the one you were asigned. I just went to the site when I arrived last July, and they were a little up set that I only talked to the camp host. You didn't say anything about what you planned on doing while there but washington has a lot to offer.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds