Travel to Alaska

More
11 years 1 day ago #11439 by BTCM
Travel to Alaska was created by BTCM
The wife and I would like to make a trip to Alaska and we are wondering if anyone has done this and where is the best place to find information for traveling in a 22' motor home pulling a vehicle. Planning on making the trip in 2014.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11629 by nisd221n
Replied by nisd221n on topic Re: Travel to Alaska
I'm wondering if your need a passport to travel from the CONUS to Alaska

More
10 years 11 months ago #11632 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Travel to Alaska
Absolutely - You need a passport to cross into Alaska and back into the CON-USA when you return, unless you fly from the states and land in Alaska.

And some info here, but another very good site for info about Canada, Alaska, and Mexico travel is RV.net - lots of very savvy guys there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nisd221n

More
10 years 10 months ago #11663 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re: Travel to Alaska
We did it last year in a 29' Class C and it was a great trip. Roads up are fine, but FYI gas is sky-high in Canada.

Stayed at Elmendorf, Ft. Richardson and Seward Military Resort campgrounds.

It is now Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, but both campgrounds are in operation. We found Richardson (Black Spruce) to be nicer: more wooded and sites easier to get into and farther apart, but Elmedorf FAMCAMP was right by PX/Commissary.

Seward Military Resort was nice campground and they are able to get you discounted fees for fishing and sightseeing cruises.

Please feel free to email me if you have specific questions: [email protected]

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
10 years 10 months ago #11672 by WroyT
Replied by WroyT on topic Re: Travel to Alaska
This sounds like a nice trip. I was stationed at Eielson (Fairbanks) in the mid 80's and loved it. Summer trip only lol. But I am going to try to follow this post...not saying...but thinking summer of 14 might be a nice time to make that trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nisd221n

More
10 years 10 months ago #11676 by polarlys
Replied by polarlys on topic Re: Travel to Alaska
There is a publication called " Mile Post". From what I hear from Alaska travelers it is an essential resource for " All things" critical to making this trip by road. Been on my bucket list but never driven it. Do it while you are able an have a great trip.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds