travel Suggestions Requested

More
16 years 10 months ago #1129 by skyking8
In a week or so, I am headed to the Great Plains area for about three months. Will be visiting most of the states listed in this section of the website. Altho, we have no definate plan, I will probably end up in Ohio before turning back to home state of TX.

If any members have any favorite places, things to do, or events to attend in the region, please suggest it.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1142 by cdrcos
Be sure to do the Black Hills of SD and Badlands National Park (one of my favorites).

There is also a national park in ND which was the ranch home of Teddy Roosevelt and includes the ND Badlands. I have never been there, but it is on my list.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1145 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Travel Suggestions Requested
If you are going to be in SD be sure to stop at Wall Drug at "Wall" SD. the entire town is an experience. We were there a few years ago about the time that "Sturgis" was getting ready for their annual rally. Wow, nothing but wall to wall bikers. I was quite a trip.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1146 by twokuhns
What area of Ohio were you thinking of ending up in? I live in Ohio, may be able to give you some suggestions of things to see if you like.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1147 by cdrcos

What area of Ohio were you thinking of ending up in? I live in Ohio, may be able to give you some suggestions of things to see if you like.

I don't think Ohio is in the Great Plains - no matter how flat it is. ;)

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
16 years 10 months ago #1148 by skyking8
cdros/frank> Thanks for the N and SD info. But I got a call last night from some retired friends who would like to hook up with us this summer, so have a change of plans. Now headed to OH via I-35 and then east bound in IA.

Twokuhns> Been to Dayton once, but that's the extent of my Ohio experience. Definately would appreciate some info on Ohio. I'm hoping for some cooler weather too. Not too fond of the 105 degree TX summers.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds