rv covers

More
15 years 7 months ago #4243 by purplerose4pj
rv covers was created by purplerose4pj
ok i just bought my rv its a 1994 but the previous owner took VERY VERY VERY good care of it only 32,000 miles and 800 hrs on gen and it was kept in a rv tent type structure.... I cant afford one of those... I got a sale ad from camping world on covers i havent a clue on what to purchase tyvek Dupont or sunbrella any thoughts or suggestions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4254 by Mad Dog
Replied by Mad Dog on topic Re: rv covers
Check out Motorhome Magazine. They have a tech column that may help, also Good Sam Club has one in their Highways Magazine. I've had pos results from both in the past.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4270 by usn600
Replied by usn600 on topic Re: rv covers
I did about the same thing you did, I bought a 1992 Itasca in mint condtion. It had 4800 miles. The party I got it from give me a rv cover for it, but the way we use the motor home we won't bother to put it on. I have a sign on our park board trying to give it away to get it out of my shed but so far no takers. If I left it in storage longer I would probably cover it. It is a full cover that come from Camping World, I think they run abot $200.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #4274 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: rv covers
If you plan on travelling a lot I would not use a cover. We have never used one and we travel about 60% of the year. We use Protect All on our cars and RV and you know when to apply it when your hand does not slide across the surface like it is touching glass, you will feel a little resistance when you run your hand across it. We had our Phaeton 4 1/2 years and the exterior looked as good as new when we traded it in. Our Envoy is an 02 and still looks brand new so it works for us. Good luck on whatever you decide to do and have fun RV'ing.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14949 by maxjr758
Replied by maxjr758 on topic Re: rv covers
I covered my Travel Trailer in Nov.last year, not a blemish on it. Took the cover off in April, there was a small area of delamination on the front, along the edge near the top. Cover was a Top of the line one from Camping World. Probably won't cover my fifth wheel, not sure if the cover contributed to the delam or not.

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY

More
7 years 8 months ago #14965 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Re: rv covers
I live in Utah which means we are subjected to high winds (20mph plus) most of the year. I bought a cover for my TC and used it the year I bought it for winter storage. I will not make that mistake again. The wind causes the cover material to flap and there is no amount of built-in strap tightening that will prevent it. The flapping does two things; it damages the cover at sharp angled portions of the TC (such as all the corners) and it can, and does, damage flimsy attached accessories (such as antennas and racks on top). Save yourself some frustration and money and invest in finish coatings (wax, etc) for the harsh weather protection that covers are SUPPOSED to give you.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds