Wal-Mart parking

More
16 years 8 months ago #1560 by FastEagle
Wal-Mart parking was created by FastEagle
For those of you that just might need to stop for awhile for a rest or whatever this web site will find the closest Wal-Mart and even map it for you.

www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1561 by karylkoch
Replied by karylkoch on topic Re: Wal-Mart parking
Be aware, some towns have band RV's staying at local Walmarts. Why, you may ask, because of the people who make things bad for all of us. They come and stay with slideouts out, and awning downs, and use the stores lot for days. This is particularly popular at resort towns. They think of this as free camping and not an overnight convenience. We were at Myrtle Beach and an expensive rig was in the parking lot for several days, with there awning and slideouts out. Again, ruining it for all of us who are looking for an overnight stay, to rest. You might want to check with the local Walmart, to see if it is okay.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1562 by fiatspider79
Replied by fiatspider79 on topic Re: Wal-Mart parking
There is a photo somewhere on the web of an RV owner dumping his black tank into the drainage grate at a Wal*Mart. I have actually spoken with some Wal*Mart campers and every one of them insists that it is their God given right as a citizen of the United States (and most often a draft dodger) to steal services from the campground industry.

But with all that Wal*Mart seldom does the banning--we are very good for their business. My wife says that it costs us more to overnight at Wal*Mart because we usually do some shopping before we pull out in the morning.

The culprits in the banning of parking are the local towns. Usually there is a campground owner 30 miles off the road nearby who has complained that he is loosing business and got his buddies to write a local law. Some campground owners don't understand the concepts of destination camping and enroute parking. Some towns ban RVs because they think it doesn't look pretty. I've often thought that either ban couldn't be supported in court if someone ever challenged them--but the people it effects (us) just move on and spend their money somewhere else.

We use Wal*Mart frequently when traveling. But we always ask the manager on duty if it is OK. It usually is. In fact, in Santa Maria, CA we had to move to the other side of a concrete strip because we were not in the Wal*Mart area and the local shops didn't allow parking (guess where we didn't shop).

Glenn

More
16 years 8 months ago #1563 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re: Wal-Mart parking
Do any of you ever look at some of the folks who frequent Wal-Mart? Sometimes I don't feel safe shopping there, much less staying overnight.

No thanks - I'll stick to campgrounds.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
16 years 8 months ago #1571 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Wal-Mart parking

Do any of you ever look at some of the folks who frequent Wal-Mart? Sometimes I don't feel safe shopping there, much less staying overnight.

No thanks - I'll stick to campgrounds.

Sorry, Commander sir, but this old Navy Chief has to take exception with your statement. We shop at Wal-Mart on a regular basis. As a matter of fact my wife and her mother are there as I type this doing their weeking grocery shopping. The people who shop at Wal-Mart are just good, hard working folks. As a matter of fact, I seldom use the Exchange on the bases we stay at because I can go out the gate and get the same stuff much cheaper at Wal-Mart.

We have stayed at many Wal-Mart stores back when we were still working regular jobs. We had limited travel times to get to our destinations and would usually pull in around dark and leave around sun up. We always asked the manager for permission to park. Almost every Wal-Mart we stayed at had on sight security and a well lighted parking lot. We will be leaving soon for an extended trip to the east coast. I have planned out the trip and made reservations at the destination sites we will be visiting. The first two days will be just getting there and the plan is to stay at Wal-Mart in North Little Rock, AR, the first night and Chatanooga, TN, the second. After that it will be private and military campgrounds for the next eight to ten weeks.

To each his own but I appreciate Wal-Mart for welcoming us.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #1573 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Wal-Mart parking
Ditto..Oldchief46 on Walmart parking.
I also shop in diferent W-Mart around this country with no problems.
Plenty security and the employes are courteus.

But however when your day is up ..It will be up regardles where you are.

The key here is "Caution" above all.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds