Retired Pay Tax Increase

More
13 years 3 months ago #8168 by subldo
I received an updated retired pay statement today and was surprised to see that my federal taxes will be going up as of the 1st of March. Has anyone else noticed this? With no COLA the past two years I have no clue as to why the increase.

SUBLDO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #8169 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Retired Pay Tax Increase
After reading your post I looked at DFAS on-line as we are on the road, found the same thing you mentioned, quite a difference in the amount to be deducted eff. March 1, 2011. The explanation at the bottom of the statement was vague about tax law and tax table changes so I did further research. What the change is from was the MAKING WORK PAY CREDIT is now gone so more will be deducted for FITW.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8171 by karylkoch
My husband worked as a civilian, and was in the Army Reserve, we were no longer on a fix income, but a decreasing income. My husband will also have a large chunk taken out of S.S. because he goes on Medicare. Way to go Big Brother.and Uncle Sam.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8178 by gesuhan
Replied by gesuhan on topic Re:Retired Pay Tax Increase
Just got a new pay statement. Thought there wasn't going to be a tax increase this year, and what happened to cola......

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #8179 by moose cheese
You can thank Nancy P and Obama for Mar 1 FITW increase. Your paying in advance for the Obama Health Plan which may become effective starting in 2012 to 2014..

I hope that the Republicans can stop this Tax. But, taxing military now, will we lose our Military Health plans in effect now and pick up the worthless Obama plan....
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by moose cheese.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #8180 by moose cheese
I am sure we may see COLA extended another year, saving the Gov $91 billion over a 10 year period.. Do you think you will get better Obama Health care from this Government savings if you lose Military Hrealth Care....
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by moose cheese.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds