Eye Glasses

More
15 years 9 months ago #3838 by jsummers
Eye Glasses was created by jsummers
I just found out that as a retiree I qualify for 1 pair of free glasses per yr from the military. The facility is a USNavy one near Yorktown, VA. It's called NOSTRA & you may fax the order in or mail it in. The requirements are posted real clearly on the following website. I got my first free pair (bi-focals) in approx 3 weeks and was delighted. They are not the heavy, black "Blues Brothers" glasses of the past. They are brown, thin plastic (?) frames but quality. PLs give `em a try. Hey, they're free & who couldn't use and extra pair for the garage, RV or boat ? Regards from the Last Frontier

nostra.norfolk.navy.mil/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4400 by JJnLilly
Replied by JJnLilly on topic Re: Eye Glasses
Think I will give this a shot too. Have a regular eye appointment later this month so will have the eye doctor complete his section and send it in. By the looks of the site, you can get both clear and tinted glasses - one per year.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4677 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Re: Eye Glasses
Absolutely amazing! I broke my glasses yesterday and recalled that a long time ago us geezers could get 1 pair. I wondered if this was still the case and came here to search and found this thread! As I read it, we can get 3 pair...regular, tinted and half frame. Neat. I could not correlate the S9 designation to the frames they show.

The URL has changed...here's the new one www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks! Steve

More
14 years 6 months ago #6734 by MSgtK
Replied by MSgtK on topic Re:Eye Glasses
Thanks for the info guys! Yippeee :)

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #6764 by Lyndepping
Replied by Lyndepping on topic Re:Eye Glasses
was at offutt afb omaha one month ago and they say you can get free glasses there. also tricare will pay something for the eye exam. i was wrong. only get the tricare discount on eye exam. atleast the glasses are a better price than where i used to get them.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Lyndepping.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6767 by Big John
Replied by Big John on topic Re:Eye Glasses
I get mine annually from VA....They do a great job, the exam and glasses are free......I believe that this is due to my diagnosis of diabetes.... Don't have any military medical clinics here....just VA.....

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds