Fiddler's Cove RV Park

More
12 years 5 months ago #9081 by johnandmari
Does anyone have a definitive answer as to when the Fiddler's Cove upgrade will at long last be completed. It's such a great location - beautiful views of San Diego, but for all practical purposes, it's been open only on a limited basis for almost four years now!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9108 by campgrandma
We were down at Fiddler's Cove looking around on Friday. Latest was that they STILL don't have a date to start. They are waiting on release to begin on whatever the problem has been all along. She said it could be 6 months, a year, two years...who knows. They are as frustrated as they campers, I think!

More
12 years 4 months ago #9280 by cmawest
Replied by cmawest on topic Re: Fiddler's Cove RV Park
you know, a person hates to complain, but the way MWR is structured, you take a 20 space r.v. park and charge say $30.00 a night. then hire three employees (minimum it seems) and pay them minimum wage,and benifits (and i have it from one employee, she makes 26.00 hr.) you cannot make enough money off the park to pay that much help and still improve the park. look around yourself at the things on bases that do not work and havent for years. car washes, saunas and spas in the gyms, etc. if they aren't big money makers they don't invest in repairs. personally i believe the parks need to be managed by retired military. i would take one just for the space rent and utilities, leaving profit for upgrades and maintainance. i had a park host tell me recently that i needed to take my own toilet paper into the bathroom as MWR wouldn't release funds to pay for it. how sad is that ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2Sailors

More
11 years 7 months ago #10482 by JD
Replied by JD on topic Re: Fiddler's Cove RV Park
Latest word is they have closed for redo and it will be 6-12 months to complete. No one was sure what the plans looked like but the rumor was that the rate will go to $40/night. That will price a lot of people out and a lot of people are not happy. It was just fine with dry camping.

JD
9/19/12

More
11 years 3 months ago #10938 by kiwimum
Replied by kiwimum on topic Re: Fiddler's Cove RV Park
Fiddler's Cove has started their construction but it appears to be moving at snails pace. They do have a facebook page but a lax about updating or responding. Few pictures but no real progress. We need to take a drive over and snoop around.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10940 by johnandmari

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds