Eagle Hammock, Kings Bay Sub Base

More
15 years 6 months ago #4715 by Hawkeye 84
Good morning everyone. The family and I, along with two other families are heading to Eagle Hammock for Christmas and New Years. We are very excited and are looking for feedback about the base, MWR facilities, CG hosts and any other information you have. Yea, I know there is a specific CG reviews, but wanted to start a thread on this CG.

Looking forward to hearing from all those "grey beards" of the MCG system. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4717 by cheldreth
I think that Eagle Hammock is as good as it gets. Clean. Well organized and maintained. Free WIFI everywhere. Lots of walking paths. Convenient to I-95. Beautifully landscaped.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
15 years 5 months ago #4810 by jsummers
Hawkeye,
my wife & I are presently in D-6, staying here at Eagle Hammock until 15 Dec at least. Stop by & say hi when you get into town.
jim summers

More
15 years 5 months ago #4852 by Hawkeye 84
Thanks Jim, sadly we won't be in town until 25 Dec, so it looks like we'll miss you. Darn it. You have a good Thanksgiving? Best to you and your family and have a Merry Christmas.

More
15 years 5 months ago #4857 by 2AlbertsRetired
I just signed up on this new Military Campground Website. My husband and I lived in Kings Bay from 1980-1985. He is totally retired now from the Navy and we are thinking of coming to Eagle Hammock for a few days just prior to Christmas. Our youngest son and daughter in law live in nearby Yulee so we intend to go on down to their place and stay for the Holidays. Just thought it might be nice to check out the site a bit before we head to Yulee. Any good info we can get from those on the Forum that have experienced a stay there already? I would love to chat with anyone that has spent time at the campground and get some details etc.. Thanks Bev:)

More
15 years 4 months ago #5003 by Hawkeye 84
Hi Gang, tomorrow we're off for Eagle Hammock/Kings Bay. We'll be in site B7. All are welcome to stop by, say hello and get licked to death by Charlie. For all traveling this season, please be careful, take your time. You have no place to go and all day to get there. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God's speed.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds