JB Charleston

More
7 years 10 months ago #14776 by RQG Chief
JB Charleston was created by RQG Chief
Hi Everyone,

I was considering staying at JB Charleston for a short stay. I notice they don't take reservations and wondered if it was difficult to get in there in August timeframe?

Thanks,

M & M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #14779 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic JB Charleston
I looked at the reviews and just about all of them are from the winter months so might be an indicator that August could have availability. You probably know August in that geographic area will be very hot and muggy and buggy but on the bright side Charleston really is a fun place to visit so go for it.

More
7 years 2 months ago #15813 by DutchStar38
Replied by DutchStar38 on topic JB Charleston
This is another base that allows LONG term homesteaders.
Are long term campers hogging all the premium space Station? Then write a letter to the base commander and also cc it to the Department of Defense. Unless people make it known it will not change. I have run across many bases that have LONG time campers into the years. A letter to the park manager means nothing since many times they are the ones overstepping their authority. Also convince others to write letters. Military RV parks are "Recretional" parks not home sites. Why should I have to park in the blazing hot sun jbecause a bunch of homesteaders have all the shaded sites?

More
7 years 1 month ago #15894 by ajk170
Replied by ajk170 on topic JB Charleston
Not sure if it's luck of the draw on my part, but we just booked a two night stay up at JB Charleston from 17-19 MAR. I'm still active duty Army and want to take advantage of the different services campgrounds near the different national parks and get out to as many as we can. It's hard to find a better deal than these camps and I haven't been turned away (yet) but I haven't stayed in that many nor am I trying to stay for more than a long weekend. Nonetheless, it's a great resource and one that I hope that neither side (recreational or long term) mess up!

More
7 years 1 month ago #15899 by DutchStar38
Replied by DutchStar38 on topic JB Charleston
I'm surprised because normally JBCharleston is a No Reservation famcamp. Hope you enjoy it. Except for a little airport noise the campground is excellent. The facilities are beyond reproach. Super clean and best of maintenance.
My gripe is the long term people dug in under all the shade trees with all kinds of gear, awnings, picnic tables, etc which indicates they are there for months & months. I have heard from a previous park manager that some are allowed up to 2 years! That is not recreational.

More
7 years 1 month ago #15903 by greyhound73772
Replied by greyhound73772 on topic JB Charleston
Two years, that sure enough is not recreational use!

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds