Sigsbee in September

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #13139 by belgique
Haven't been here for several years and never during the off season. Some quick observations and possible updates to the main listing...I'll do a formal review when we leave.

-Roosevelt Blvd is finished so no need to do the alt route...BUT it is a good thing to do to avoid the hard right turn by the motel.
-Gate IS manned, sometimes. It varies so have your ID card handy
-Don't know if this is new but it seems so: don't turn left into the street in front of the office...they built an access just behind the office that leads to places to park for registration. So proceed about 25 yards before turning and you'll see the access. The office just told me that signage is being made to better depict this.
-Nice folks in the office...but, man the paperwork the base requires! Do carry your vehicle reg/insurance and pet papers.
-THERE IS NO WifI any more except at the office. This is recent, I think.
-Not new but some folks don't know it, there is NO TV unless you have satellite. No over the air or cable.
-Maybe not new but the CG Duty Office at Trumbo is next to the pedestrian gate and you can park and walk into town.
-All of the front row sites and the Circle are occupied. There are some sites in the other rows of Rockpile but not a bunch.

No hotter here than other places and there is a nice breeze all the time.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by belgique. Reason: update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kokomo36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #13141 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Sigsbee in September
Thanks for the update.

More
9 years 7 months ago #13147 by FourWanderingSoles
We are always looking to get updates on whats happening down at Sigsbee. Thanks!

I am just getting back in the loop but what is the deal with the guards at the gate? We haven't been down since 2012 but it was always manned by active duty folks...I assume things have changed.

Thanks

More
9 years 7 months ago #13148 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Sigsbee in September
Re guards: In the mound of paperwork you're given to accomplish at check-in there is memo from the CO saying that he dropped full time guards to save money and that crime had dropped since doing so. Been here for 4 days and there has been a Navy EM guard every time but once. Someone said that night time is usually when it is unmanned. I haven't been out at night so cannot verify.

Also, saw a sign at the Coast Guard pier at Trumbo that prohibits fishing. Don't know when that started but 3 or so years ago a lot of folks fished there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FourWanderingSoles

More
9 years 7 months ago #13151 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Sigsbee in September
What is the status of the road widening at the bridge just past the Home Depot. As of last spring, the bridge was still closed to bike and walking traffic. You had to cross the street and then cross back over. A PITA...
Thanks!

More
9 years 7 months ago #13152 by Oweninthekeys
Replied by Oweninthekeys on topic Sigsbee in September
All construction on Roosevelt Blvd is complete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kokomo36

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds