Florida 170390
May 13 - 23, 2013
(Updated: May 28, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Another great stay at Postal Point, weather was great, the view was as beautiful as ever! This visit, Postal Point stayed fuller than it was the same time last year, completely full the last five days of our stay, Camp Robbins was only about half full while I was there. It looked to me that word has finally gotten out that Postal Point now has 50 amp service since 5 of the campers were in the big rigs. The grounds were immaculate and the bathhouse was kept very clean the entire time. A couple of negatives: There were two campers that were obviously homesteading. From the start, it was clear that the new camp manager was holding at least one spot for friends of friends. The spot we wanted was taken, but when we asked for the spot next to it, she told us it was also taken, but it stayed vacant for the first three days. When the second camper finally appeared, both sites held a small party and the manager was one of the guests. A small gripe, I know, but it irritated me that some people are allowed to reserve spots while most people aren't. The people at the Outdoor Rec Center were absolutely great, and it's location is super convenient in case you need drinks, snacks or ice. The boat rental was smooth and efficient. I know it's not part of the campground, but the military beach has cut back on open days. Last year it was open 7 days a week, now they're only open Thursday through Sunday. Some said the sequester was to blame, I don't really know, but it's a shame because it's so much nicer there than the public beaches. Still, all in all, a great camp and a good time. I do plan on going down a little later next year (the water was still pretty cold this time) and see how things are then.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or