Florida 207251
7 - 21 June 2012
(Updated: June 21, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived and was able to get a back in spot right on the water. We are in spot 10, right next to some pine trees and, as I said, backs up to the river. Jimmy took good care of us and got us comfortably tucked in. The place is in a great location, within reasonable driving distance to virtually every good destination in the state. We were stationed here with the 6549th CAMs in the early 70s when this was the Air Force Eastern Test Range. I was surprised how little the base had changed. Yes, some buildings were gone and there were quite a few new ones, but entering the base through the main gate and it looks pretty much the same. I worked on the flight line and my old hanger (750) was still there looking much the same. Unfortunately, our old base housing unit, a Capehart Unit, was long gone, although there were a few units left in private ownership and they look pretty ragged. All in all our stay here has been great, even the liquid sunshine that falls from time to time and here in Florida, when it rains, it doesn't fool around. There is WiFi, it emanates from the laundry building but my lap top picked it up nicely in spot #10. An older computer may not be as sensitive. My wife's Kindle did not. Also, the laundry room itself is hotter than Hades. It really needs some better ventilation than the little window fan and the fan mounted on the wall. Apart from that, the place was great.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or