Review Detail

4.4 101
May 23, 2011
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

J.K. left this review using the Directory software: Arrived here today for a one week stay. With one exception (more on that later), this has to be the finest military campground in the Florida Panhandle. Easy access to the resort, gated community with key card access, immaculate landscaping and maintenance, and a good combination of RV sites and motel type buildings. There is a nice pool within the resort and a water sports rental facility for everything from a kayak up to pontoon boats. The resort is sited right on the bay and there are picnic areas and Adirondack chairs in grassy areas right on the water. All of the RV sites are paved and level and include a patio with picnic table and charcoal grill. The utility poles are well placed and easy to access and include CATV at each FHU site. The entire RV area is well lighted, but not obtrusive. I saw WIFI antennas located around the area, but I don't know how well they work. I use a Verizon MIFI card and reception here is excellent! Same for Verizon cellular service. Now for the one exception that keeps me from giving this CG a perfect score...the RV sites are small and really packed tightly together. I have a 30' Fifth Wheel and it takes up the entire pad from the fence in the back to the street in front. I have to squeeze my truck into the space alongside my camper, open the door, and walk around the back of the camper to get to the door. I can't open the awning...there's not enough room between my camper and the slide out of the folks next to me. Supposedly this resort is Big Rig Friendly, but you better be REALLY friendly with your neighbors. There are a few longer Motorhomes here, but no place to park a TOAD on your site. There is limited additional parking within the RV area. I'm not complaining though...you're in a great military campground at a really reasonable rate, close to some beautiful beaches in a high priced resort area, and served by a staff that goes out of it's way to make sure you have the best stay possible!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or